Pawnbank Pty Ltd is Australia’s first Pawnbroker to lend to people via the internet. Our company ABN is 36 621 305 119, Queensland Second hand dealer & Pawnbroker license number is 4330267; our registered office is at 1/111 Scarborough St, Southport QLD 4215.
- We lend fixed sums of money on a secured basis at a fixed interest rate over a fixed period of time. Any loan is subject to approving your application and you signing a formal credit agreement online at www.pawnbank.com.au. The credit agreement contains other information that we are obliged to supply to you, including the duration of the loan, monthly interest amount, and any charges that may be payable under the credit agreement.
- We can also arrange for shipping the item of your own property that you wish to use as security for your loan (“Your Property”). You warrant and represent that you have good and marketable title to Your Property, free of all encumbrances of any kind, and you are not under the age of 18 years.
- By choosing Pawnbank’s shipping service, you are authorising us to act for you in appointing on your behalf a shipping agent to ship Your Property to and from our premises for the purposes of further appraisal by our valuers in accordance with the terms of this Service Agreement.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your items are securely and appropriately packaged, including the use of additional and/or item specific packaging. Pawnbank cannot be held responsible for damage to items sent in inappropriate packaging.
- Our nominee to act as your shipping agent for Your Property is Australia Post & Brinks. Our insurers provide insurance cover for loss or damage to Your Property in transit up to a market replacement value of $20.000. If you think the market replacement value of your goods is more than $20,000, it is your sole responsibility to take out your own insurance.
- Subject to the terms of Clause 4 above, you agree that we are not liable in any way if our insurers refuse any insurance claims in relation to Your Property.
- On receiving Your Property from you, we inspect the item(s), and compare Your Property to the original description supplied by you, in order to confirm that they match. We value Your Property in good faith, according to accepted industry standards and prevailing market rates, and on the assumption that the description provided by you is completely accurate. Should Your Property vary from the original description in a manner which affects the valuation, we may, in our absolute discretion, decline to make an offer or make an offer to you that is higher or lower than the initial indication given to you for any reason, including but not limited to any difference in the actual quality of Your Property compared with our understanding of your original description or changes in the market for such item(s). Any offer that we make to you is subject to us being able to formally identify you, and you signing a formal credit agreement online at www.Pawnbank.com.au.
- Under Copyright and Counterfeit Goods legislation, we are obliged to destroy any replica branded watches we receive. As such, we are unable to return any replica branded items received.
- Under Australian Hallmarking legislation, we are obliged to destroy any items carrying fraudulent Hallmarks, or items carrying Hallmarks that make up a part of pieces that are intended to deceive.
- To determine the purity (carat) of gold items, we will first look at any hallmarking on pieces. For non hallmarked items, or if there is any question of the veracity of markings or hallmarking, we may have to test pieces using either acid or an electronic test. You accept that the process of appraisal of your items may result in tarnishing, staining and/or scratches.
- If you chose not to accept your offer or we are unable to loan against your items, we will despatch them back to you within 5 working days of receipt. You will receive email confirmation of despatch, including your unique tracking code, on the day of despatch.
- Any shipment of a value beneath our minimum transaction value of $250 will be returned by Registered Australia Post, a signed for service. For this purpose, the value is as determined by Pawnbanks valuers.
- Should any insurance claim arise out of any loss or damage suffered in shipping Your Property back to you, the replacement value(s) claimed will be according to our valuation of Your Property as described in Clause 9 below, whether you accept any loan offer or not.
- You are responsible for any telecommunications charges or other network charges for the time you spend accessing www.pawnbank.com.au or calling us.
- The laws of Queensland, Australia, are taken as the basis for the establishment of relations with you prior to the conclusion of the distance credit agreement, and govern the shipping terms and the credit agreement. We and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.
- This document, the shipping terms and any credit agreement are in the English language. We undertake to communicate with you in English during the duration of the loan application process and any loan you enter into. The information contained in this Pre-contract disclosure is only valid in respect of the proposed loan application and during the term of any ensuing loan.
- If you want to make a complaint about the lending process, shipping or the loan you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, with brief details of your complaint and your account number. Our Customer Service staff will acknowledge your complaint by email within 1 business day. They will investigate and send you a response, having had access to an officer with the authority to settle the complaint (including, where appropriate, an offer of redress). Where appropriate, the member of staff investigating the complaint will not be any staff member who was directly involved in the subject matter of the complaint. This should take no longer than five business days, but most complaints may well be resolved by close of business on the business day after the complaint is received. If the complaint is not resolved by close of business on the business day after the complaint is received, we will send you a copy of this complaints handling procedure.
- While we will provide you with information that we have to help you in any dispute or claim that you may have with your own shipping agent, we cannot be held liable for any failure in the agent’s performance of its obligations to you.
- If any part of this Service Agreement that is not fundamental is found to be illegal or unenforceable, such finding will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the Service Agreement.
- You agree that all documents that we are entitled to send you electronically may be delivered to you at the latest email address you gave us.
- Unless otherwise acknowledged by us, all proprietary and other intellectual property rights (including copyright, trade mark, design right) in Pawnbanks website, privacy statement, loans agreement and all other related documents belong to us.
If you have any questions in relation to our Terms and Conditions, you can contact us in the following ways:
T: (07) 5531 1422
F: (07) 5531 1466
Mail: P.O Box 10777, Southport BC, QLD 4215